SEA Discovery Venue Rentals
SEA Discovery Center is located on the shores of Liberty Bay, in the quaint Viking village of Poulsbo on the Kitsap Peninsula. You can arrive by float plane, boat, ferry or car. Western Washington University’s SEA Discovery Center is pleased to provide you a unique event rental space, making your business meeting or special event a memorable one. SEA offers a large private deck overlooking the Olympic Mountains and Liberty Bay, educational classrooms, our Aquarium with a touch tank, and our Octopus. We look forward to meeting the needs of your next venue rental.
$200/hour, 4 hour minimum. Space for a 10ft x 40ft tent (maximum), approximately 1,300 square feet of usable space with views of Olympic Mountains, Liberty Bay, and the quaint Port of Poulsbo marina.
SEA Discovery Classroom Rentals: $50/hour. Evening’s $75/hour, no minimum, and 4 hour maximum. Use of classroom tables, chairs, audio and visual equipment.
$1,600/6 hours. Have a special event at WWU’s SEA Discovery Center, while enjoying use of the entire 1st floor, theater, classrooms, outside deck and the Aquarium.
$200 20 children max, for a 3 hour party that includes use of an aquarium, classroom and a gift bag for the Birthday person.
Parent Teacher Associations: Host your next PTA event here. The aquarium is yours for $400, 3 hours, weekday evenings only.
Extras/Al La Carte Menu
- Want to talk shop? Learn what it takes to make the Aquarium function with a behind the scenes educational tour lead by our Aquarium manager. $150, 10 people 8-5pm.
- Private Marine Lessons/Workshops, when it comes to local ecology, you name it we’ve taught it $200, 2HR.
- Low tide beach walk at your favorite beach. Discover all creatures the Sound has to offer with our biologist, and educators. Great for the whole family! 2 hours $300, Tide dependent 8-5pm
- Movie Night. Bring your favorite DVD, and have a movie night in the Aquarium Theater, followed by a 30 minute night viewing, and experience the behavior of our animals in the dark. $300 up to 25 people, popcorn machine included.
- Feeding experience. Feed all our animals their daily diet of fish, kelp, and various other foods. 1 hour $50, 10 people
- Floating Lab Experience. Learn about turbidity, take an up-close look at sea life with our underwater camera, and view plankton under the microscope! 2 hours $150
- Fantastic Deck
- Tables and chairs
- Sound equipment/P.A. system
To Reserve our facilities and services, please contact us!